Aims and Objectives
The Islwyn Acoustic Guitar Club seeks to promote and encourage participation in the guitar at all levels through the provision of basic tuition, workshops and the performance of guitar music.
The club shall be run primarily by volunteer efforts.
Members are provided a variety of opportunities to lead and participate in the club’s development.
The objectives of the club are:
1. To promote and encourage participation in the guitar at all levels.
2. To bring together players of differing levels in an environment which will allow them to learn from one another.
3. To provide basic tuition to allow players to develop to their potential on the instrument.
4. To give players a platform to allow them to develop and, if they wish, perform in front of an audience who will give them support and encouragement.
5. To promote the composition, arrangement and performance of indigenous Welsh music on the acoustic guitar.
6. To act as a forum for players and teachers.
7. To promote any musical genre agreed by the membership
1. The main focus of the club is the acoustic guitar and the main styles promoted are ‘roots based’ including blues, ragtime, jazz, traditional, contemporary and classical.
2. The aim of the club however is to be as inclusive as possible and there are occasional sessions for electric guitar, lute and other plucked stringed instruments which may be of interest to players of acoustic guitar.
3. The club also works via initiatives agreed upon by the committee. These may be meetings held in other locations within Islwyn, such as the ‘Crumlin Beginners Guitar Class’.